Client : IOC
Date and Duration : 2003 – to date
Place of Performance : Iraq
Our clients were a number of International Oil Companies who were operating in Iraq from 2003 to present day, and required assistance with dealing with occupational road risk and driver training. Iraq is the fourth highest risk in the world for road-traffic-accident-related fatalities which makes safe journey management a necessity.
Restrata offered a solution through our Safe Journey Management services, which included fleet management, In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS), and accredited driver training courses for personnel.
Restrata project included:
- The deployment of a senior SJM practitioner to lead a road safety risk mitigation campaign
- Assessing existing road safety policies and procedures, and upgrade if required
- Identifying a group of managers responsible for the SJM project
- Educating these managers and all drivers through development workshops featuring theoretical and practical learning courses
- Creating a mandatory driver training process for all drivers on the field, including a database for reference and compliance
- Implementing IVMS into vehicle fleets, to check speeds and ensure rapid and effective emergency response in the event of an incident
- Using IVMS to implement a fool-proof vehicle inspections system with a database of all compliant/non-compliant vehicles
- Thousands of man-hours of high risk environment driver training and road safety awareness courses for contractors pre-deployment
- Ensuring the safe movement all inbound construction materials to industrial sites
- Ensuring SJM teams can take ownership of the safety systems we introduced
We deliver similar Safe Journey Management projects in Algeria, Libya, Bahrain, Kuwait, Somaliland, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.