A client-side capability providing technical and delivery assurance for large, complex integrated technology investments.
Restrata’s strong domain expertise in Designing, Implementing, Testing and Commissioning Integrated Security Solutions for critical infrastructure makes us well placed to manage large complex and multi-system programs using our tailored Project, Product & Programme Management Office (P3MO) solution.
Restrata has developed its own Project Management methodology using an optimum blend of international standards including PRINCE2, Project Management Institute (PMI), CMMI and Systems Engineering Methods. We design, build and operate the P3MO according to best practices using a combination of in-house subject matter experts selected from our staff and skilled consultants.
Tailored to meet client’s needs, the P3MO scope of work typically spans several functional areas that includes:
- Design Assurance: Restrata can ensure that the design is validated following tried and tested Systems Engineering methods, performing independent technical reviews, quality assurance and controlling specifications. As a part of the design process, we will facilitate the key gate reviews during the design phase such as Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Technical Work Package Management: Execution of technical work packages in the security domain requires specialised management skills. Restrata can undertake the responsibility of managing the execution of these work packages on behalf of the client.
- Verification & Acceptance: As a part of ensuring that the final system achieves its Full Operational Capability (FOC), our expert engineers will oversee the verification process at sub-system and system level. This may include oversight of multiple tests that covers Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) and other functional tests within the scope of the system. Restrata can support the client to ensure that the final validation is performed and the system is accepted only based on successful accomplishment of the system level test specifications.
- Project Planning:
Preparation of the Project Management Plan (PMP) and Program Schedule using specialised tools (MS Project, Primavera). The PMP will be key to the execution of the project; its purpose is to describe the approach and governance processes that achieve the program delivery aim of safety, time, quality and budget constraints. The PMP describes our approach to Installation, Methodology, Planning, Policy and Standards Development, Program Administration and Report Management. It defines the framework conditions, tools and activities for the realisation of the program scope and deliverables and regulates the project organisation.
Our PMP framework is illustrated in the figure which encapsulates the critical success factors, adapted from managing successful programs. The three core framework elements from the outside to the inside include:
- PMP Principles
- PMP Governance
- PMP Delivery
The PMP delivery includes the ‘Do-Plan-Strategy’ principle as our approach to executing the projects in the short and long term:
- ‘Do’: getting the work done
- ‘Plan’: planning in detail the next period
- ‘Strategy’: developing the concepts for the future stages
- Project Monitoring & Tracking: Define and implement effective Project Management Office (PMO) infrastructure that supports the project with efficient processes, tools and templates for planning, coordination and control.
- Project Risk & Opportunity Management: Restrata understands the importance of mitigating potential risks to the client and therefore assists in identifying key risks and ensuring that early warnings are provided and mitigation steps are taken in order to prevent the occurrence of risks from happening. As per our process, Restrata not only focuses on risks but also on potential opportunities that could be beneficial to the project.
- Project Quality Assurance: Implement proven processes for managing contractor scope, quality and time, underpinned by effective Quality Controls, performing independent review and assessment of the project performance by contractors; implementing a robust reporting, risk, issues and dependency management regime.
- Configuration & Document Controlling: Identification of configurable items within the scope of the project and ensuring that proper document control procedures are in place to maintain the integrity of the project throughout its lifecycle.
- Procurement Management: Restrata can develop detailed procurement plans specific to each project based on client requirements. Clients may take advantage of our existing supplier selection and qualification process where numerous suppliers for various security equipment are already qualified.
- HSE Management: Establishing the best practices in Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) during the project lifecycle in addition to providing adequate HSE training to the resources who are responsible for execution of the project.
- Programme Leadership: Mobilise and manage the combined resources of all stakeholders, remain focused on business objectives, delivering technical excellence and executing key decisions required for keeping the programme on track, practicing rigorous programme governance that ensures effective participation of all stakeholders.
- Change Management: Manage changes to the baseline contractual scope and technical specification during the course of the program using standard change management process thereby ensuring that changes are controlled and managed.
- Subcontract Delivery Management: Restrata has a pool of Project Managers who are skilled and capable of managing large subcontracts. Based on our previous experience in managing delivery of turnkey security projects through engagement of local and international subcontractors, Restrata can extend the support to our clients to ensure on time delivery of subcontracted work packages that meets the client specification.
Restrata understands that an organisation’s most valuable asset is its workforce and that workforce development is an essential element of both organisational capability and duty of care.
We have made significant investment in our training capabilities and have the ability to offer bespoke training solutions for our clients and employees encompassing courses delivered by highly experienced trainers, who combine current methodology with contemporary operational experience. Their training documentation is continually reviewed and updated to ensure their relevance and adherence to standards of best practice.
Rather than provide generic courses, Restrata works in close consultation with clients and employees to determine their exact training or learning requirements. This enables us to design the courses or products which will be of most benefit and value, potentially providing time and cost savings, while delivering an optimum service.
Accident investigations and root cause analysis (RCA) help transform reactive safety cultures into pro-active ones, allowing problem solving to be ahead of an event and reducing incidents or failures, as well as protecting company reputations. HSE incidents can be high profile, often leading to sensitive and independent investigations.
Accident investigations can be extended to examine internal events including misconduct, integrity testing, potential criminal irregularities such as fraud, theft, sabotage, bribery and corruption and misuse of systems and the internet. Restrata collates information to determine the sequence of events leading to the analysis of causal factors for definition of root causes.