Strategic Security Consulting, Design & Implementation Services
Physical, cyber and personnel security are often separate in many organisations. Our holistic security consulting methodology provides you with a better understanding of overall organisational security risks by applying converged governance with risk management across all of your assets. In combination with our project and risk management expertise, this approach ensures your assets, staff and information remain resilient.
Security Consulting Services
Our security consulting services incorporate master planning and concept design in the early stages of a project, to security strategies, systems integration and implementation support and assurance.
Through early identification of Security Risks (where Risk = Threat x Exposure) within the Security Risk Assessment process, we develop the optimum security approach, and consequently design to mitigate threats to your asset. Subsequent development of an integrated and holistic security programme within the project design process is ceentral to creating safe and secure environments that are cost effective, resilient and future-proof.
Our Security Consulting Team
Our consultancy teams focus on the design of security solutions that are compliant with national and international regulations, industry best practice, commensurate with the risk level and which consider the specific activities and needs of the organisation, project or facility at stake.
At the same time, we strive to consider the impact of security on the wider enterprise or development and whether we can help realise low cost gains by exploiting as much of the existing infrastructure and legacy systems as possible whilst still achieving high end performance and availability for security programmes, aligned with our client’s security operations.
Restrata provides Security Consulting and Systems Design expertise worldwide to the following entities: National security agencies, urban planning authorities, government facilities, corporate enterprise, national and international O&G (Oil & Gas) companies, Smart city developments, major event venues, transport authorities, maritime and airport sector.
Regardless of the project size and complexity, our aim is to provide a fully integrated end to end solution that is innovative in its approach to emerging threats and technologies.
There are three tiers to our approach:
Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
We initially develop an understanding of our client’s organisation and business processes to establish an ‘operational security baseline’. We do this by measuring the effectiveness of existing systems (if any) and benchmark these against agreed security performance criteria. This allows us to determine the scale of potential improvement needed to meet new objectives and standards identified jointly with the client or externally by relevant regulatory authorities.
We research and evaluate threats and vulnerabilities i.e. country, regional or industry specific threats and quantitatively measure these, determining probability and impact should these threats be realised.
We will typically conduct a SRA during the early stages of any project. This informs the subsequent security planning (conceptual, schematic and detailed security designs). The core methodology we apply follows international standards and best practice, specifically ISO 31000:2009 Risk Framework and in instances we will utilise sector specific methodology e.g. API (American Petroleum Industry).
Elements of our Security Risk Assessment typically include:
- Country & Regional Threat History & Assessment
- Industry or Institutional Threat History & Assessment
- Process Analysis
- Asset Ranking & Critical Point Identification
- Threat and Consequence Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Business Continuity Audit
- Information Assurance Security Audit
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation Planning
- Countermeasure recommendations
Security Master Plan
This is the conceptual stage detailing measures needed to mitigate risks and defines the development of the optimum strategy required to secure assets, business processes and people. Security Master Planning projects are flexible in nature and can address construction and/or operational stages of projects. We scale from single building facilities to large developments, new cities, ports, airports or major infrastructure projects requiring Urban Security Planning, Secure by Design (SbD) and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
Elements of our Security Master Plan include:
- Stakeholder Requirements Analysis
- Security Master Planning for major projects or multiple sites
- Security Approach & Strategy
- Security Zoning
- Operational Requirements & Protection Objectives
- Security Design Standards
- Strategic Security Policies
- Business Continuity
- Incident and Crisis Management Strategies
Security Systems Design
The security plan provides the precursor to the engineering design development process by which we deliver an end-to-end service from feasibility assessment & concept design through to full tender specifications comprising documents and construction drawings for technical, physical and operational solutions.
Elements of our Security Systems Design include:
- Design Development Phases
- Feasibility Assessment
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Conceptual Design
- Scheme Design
- Detailed Design
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and construction drawings
- Specialist Systems Design
- Entry & Exit Control Point Strategy
- Access Control and Identity Management Systems
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) Systems
- Personnel & Vehicle Scanning Systems
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and (Thermal Imaging Cameras) systems design
- Video analytics & behavioral monitoring
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
- Associated ELV systems e.g. Public Address and General Alarm (PAGA) & Passenger Information Display Systems (PIDS) design
- Wide Area Detection including Ground and Maritime Radar systems
- Perimeter Intruder Detection Systems
- Sensor-based detection, surveillance and assessment using Optical, Thermal and/or Dual Imaging systems
- Pipeline and Linear Asset protection systems (such as DAS – Distributed Acoustic Sensing)
- Land based Fixed and Mobile Asset Tracking and Management
- Maritime domain Tracking & Monitoring, including AIS (Automatic Identification Systems) & VTS (Vessel Traffic Services)
- Blast and Physical Building Protection Measures
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM)
- C4i – control development , including ergonomic assessment and compliance i.e. ISO11064
- Other specialist security sensor detection, communication and monitoring technologies
- Project Management & Construction Phase Services
- Tender Preparation, Management & Assessment
- Construction Supervision
- Independent Factory & Site Acceptance Testing
- Commissioning phase management
- Training & O&M review and support
- Maintenance contract development
- Security System Audits