EMERGENCY CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR (ONSHORE)
As a Restrata Emergency Control Room Operator (CRO), you will play key part in Restrata’s expanding international operations by working shifts in a purpose-built Global Operations Command Centre (GOCC), operating 24/7/365.
The GOCC has all of the facilities required by major energy and other industry operators to respond to a significant incident. The GOCC is also used to support Restrata training operations, and you may also be required to support training. Day-to-day management of the Emergency Control Room Operators and the GOCC is the responsibility of the Response Supervisor.
Whilst on duty you will be the primary point of contact for initiating a company’s emergency response procedures, via the 24/7/365 Restrata Emergency Line or Restrata’s Platform. For this reason, the main trait of the successful candidate will be resilience under pressure. You will be given training in established response procedures and the systems used within the GOCC, but you will need to be confident, quick witted, and able to act on your own initiative unsupervised. Furthermore, you must be confidently Information Technology (IT) literate and ideally have achieved ECDL certification or similar. The technological nature of the Restrata Global Command Centre means that you may be called upon to attempt to fault- find within software packages and attempt to remedy basic IT issues.
On completion of an appropriate probationary period, you may be required to undertake a variety of supporting roles in Restrata training courses, bringing you into contact with a wide variety of clients and experiences. As you gain confidence and experience in your new role, you may also be encouraged to contribute to the development and delivery of training.
The variety of the work and the challenges it brings means that the role of CRO is a demanding one. You will work 12-hour day and night shifts on a rotational basis and are expected to remain on standby out with the office as the rota requires. As such, the successful candidate must have a can-do attitude and a willingness to pitch in and go the extra mile in pursuit of the best outcome for the client. Demanding though it may be, the role of CRO offers exposure to incident management and HSE culture and the experience of working with multinational clients on critical projects. When not on duty or on standby, you will also enjoy the generous leave package and regular time off.
- Monitor and test communications and IT equipment
- Monitor and log all client document and site ’POB’ manifests
- Monitor tracking of personnel worldwide
- Monitor and respond to Radar Early Warning Systems
- Maintain a library of training and operational reference material.
- Assist project management and consultancy colleagues in facility upkeep and client welfare
- Act as the primary point of contact for logging a client’s Restrata Platform related tickets
- Answer the Restrata Helpdesk Line and extract key information from the caller
- Proactively monitoring critical infrastructure and hardware, reacting appropriately to any alerts received
- Open and update a Helpdesk ticket, noting all key information and maintain a record of all actions taken to resolve the issue
- Compile and send daily reports to clients relating to activities on client sites
- Liaise with staff in our international offices to assist with incident/request resolution
- Work with 3rd Party vendors to resolve hardware faults
Responsibilities – Emergency Response
- Immediately answer the Restrata Emergency Line extract key information from the caller using a set proforma
- Open and maintain an incident log, recording all events, telephone calls and information received by the GOCC
- Liaise with the incident site and receive, log and relay requests for information and immediate support for the incident
- Once an incident management team is mobilised, report to the incident Team Leader and provide up-to-date information regarding outstanding actions and their progress
- Respond to emergency ‘SOS’ alerts activated by tracked personnel operating in hazardous and hostile environments worldwide
- Provide first line support to Restrata Products and services
Working in a busy office you may also be trained in Emergency First Aid at Work and as a Duty Fire Warden
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Resilience under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and complete tasks at pace
- Confident team player and comfortable leader
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to deliver succinct reports and speak with a clear and polite telephone manner
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable to support wider objectives
- Willing to learn new skills and invest in own development
- 3+ years of experience of managing business transformation projects
Experience of emergency response and the energy industry is preferred but not essential. Formal training will be provided and self-directed study on shift is expected.
FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY
Looking for a different role?
Restrata are always on the lookout for ambitious and safety-conscious individuals. Check out all the roles available on our careers page.