We are looking for a Backend Developer with good experience in building high performance enterprise grade cloud platforms and services. Our company is a highly successful leader in safety & security solutions around the globe.
This opportunity is a permanent role to join our progressive, dynamic team, based in London. You will work in an innovative, agile and multi-disciplined team to develop and deliver our proprietary safety & security solutions.
Contributing to the development process you will help generate delivery ideas and solutions whilst encompassing the full spectrum of design, coding, and testing. In addition, you will ensure successful delivery of key strategic objectives through the development of high-quality software.
- Deliver features and fix bugs using agile development practices and practicing engineering excellence. Work with inhouse and offshore teams to develop and deliver customer requirements
- Share knowledge in modern, SOLID development techniques
- Work under a TDD mind-set with regression testing at the heart of your development strategy.
- Produce code against our set of defined technical standards and processes
- Work with product management and other members of the engineering and science teams to design and build world class software.
- Own a part of our platform through your design and code
Essential Technical Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in building high performance enterprise grade distributed application using java, python, .Net, GO, or similar distributed language. Current platform is Java
- Good experience in Git version control and release process best practices including CICD pipeline with Jenkins or related, and Github workflows
- Expertise (varying) in web services and APIs (REST/GRAPHQL/GRPC, etc)
- Expertise in working with back end scalable systems, preferably with experience in JVM based languages
- Microservices and microservice patterns and antipatterns 4+ years of experience in Relational & Non-Relational Database Technologies
- 3+ years of experience in containerisation (docker, Kubernetes) and deploying to a cloud platform (AWS)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and modular software development.
- Experience with bash and python scripting will be an advantage
Essential Leadership & Other Skills
- Experience leading a small team of developers will be an advantage – salary alignment for this role?
- Good knowledge in agile development practices
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic.
- Team player
- Passionate about great software
- Excellent english language communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferable but not essential