Case Study: Securing a Premium Tower in the heart of Jakarta’s CBD
Pacific Century Premium Developments
Place of performance
Date and duration
May 2016 – March 2018
Value of contract
Pacific Century Place Tower, is a new 45-story premium office building located at the heart of Jakarta’s Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD). The SCBD is an Integrated Mixed-Use Development and is designated as a first-class real estate by international standards. The mixed mode development consists of office buildings, a hotel, condominiums, a shopping center and entertainment venues.
The client required an international security consultant to undertake full lifecycle security consultancy services for PCP tower located in the prestigious new SCBD. It was important that the appointed security consultant had experience in the following:
- Deep knowledge of security challenges, threat analysis, and security mitigation, particularly in major cities.
- Designing industry leading security provision balanced with preserving architectural and landscaping aesthetics.
- Specifying security system equipment requirements pertaining to key operational, functional and technical criteria.
- Technical competence and experience in managing large and complex security designs and producing the required deliverables to the very highest.
THE RESTRATA SOLUTION
The client appointed Restrata to provide strategic and detailed design services for this prestigious project that included full security landscaping design using CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design), detailed security systems design, and hostile vehicle mitigation options.
As the project progressed, Restrata provided further security consultancy services. This included reviewing the appointed security contractor’s solution design to ensure each of the subsystems and component equipment items conform to the detailed design developed through our earlier work. This subsequently led to Restrata reviewing the contractor’s installation activity for appropriate workmanship, quality of works and to ensure that the integrated security systems were fully functional and compliant with the design intent.
The services delivered by Restrata included:
- Security Threat and Risk Assessment
- Blast Threat & Risk Assessment.
- CPTED analysis of the public realm
- Full project security design, including concept, schematic and detailed design phases.
- Security technology procurement support.
- Contract supervision and technical assurance.