Client: Nikken Sekkei
Place of performance: Barcelona
Date and duration: December 2017 – Ongoing
Value of contract: Confidential
FC Barcelona, one of the most iconic clubs in world football, is upgrading its Camp Nou home as part of a huge Espai Barça redevelopment project encompassing the main stadium, the Nou Miniestadi and Nou Palau Blaugrana. The capacity will be increased from 99,350 to 105,000. One of the main requirements of the brief was for all of the seats to have a good view of the pitch.
Restrata were appointed by Nikken Sekkei Japan as the lead security consultants for the Nou Camp Nou Project. The objective of the project is to implement a world class stadium Security program, which addresses, technology, procedures, processes and regulatory compliance within a risk based approach.
The security services provided by Restrata include :
- Security Threat and Risk Assessment
- Blast Analysis and Assessment
- Security Concept Design
- Lead Security Design Authority for the Stadium and the External Public Space
- Design of the Command and Control Room
- Void Analysis and Assessment
- Tender Management and Procurement Support