Client: Songa Offshore
Place of performance: UK Continental Shelf (UKCS)
Date and duration: 2014 – 2015
Value of contract: Confidential
A Norwegian drilling contractor seeking to begin operations in UK Continental Shelf CUKCS) for the first-time needed advice on regulatory requirements, relevant training courses, and the provision of emergency response services, to lend crucial onshore support to their rigs when operating in the UKCS.
We offered a complete solution including gap analysis of emergency response documentation. Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC) oil spill response training, bespoke client-focused training courses, and retained emergency response service support including an Incident Management Team, plus Media and Relative Response Teams.
This project included:
- Review of Bridging Document, Emergency Response Plans and other key documentation to ensure alignment with UKCS requirements
- Design and delivery of bespoke training courses for client emergency managers
- Familiarisation visit to Norway to meet client teams and the Norwegian Emergency Response and a rig
- Provision of Incident Management Team personnel based in Aberdeen, to help support client response to incidents in the UKCS
- Provision of a Relative Response Team to answer calls from those concerned in the event of an incident
- Media Advisor to mobilise to IMC in the event of an incident, draft press releases and liaison with client’s corporate media provider
- Assistance with set up and running of Evacuee Reception Centre in Aberdeen, including trained personnel