Client: Anton Oil
Place of performance: Iraq, West Qurna II
Date and duration: July 2017 (2 days)
Value of contract: Confidential
Our client, Anton Oil who provide site wide maintenance for a major oil and gas client, wanted to ensure that their scaffolding team had the knowledge, skills and experience to safely erect, dismantle and inspect scaffolding to international standards.
Our experienced instructor, with over 25 years’ experience in the construction industry, delivered training on current methods and practices to support the team practice safely and effectively fulfil their roles.
In total, Restrata provided a 2–day training course for 14 Anton Oil’s employees.
Day 1 (Theory):
- HSE Requirements – Work at Heights, Permit to Work Requirements and Fall Arrest Systems
- Components – Tubing & Fittings
- Principles of Scaffold Systems & Design
- Selection and Preparation of Foundations
- Stability (Bracing & Ties)
- Access & Aggress
- Inspection Documentation
Day 2 (Practical):
- Parts and Equipment Description
- Assembly of Differing Scaffold Types
- Access and Safe Work at Heights
- Test & Inspection of Scaffold – common faults and recommendations.
- Completion of Inspection Documentation