CLIENT: Shell South Gas
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Iraq – Southern Iraq
DATE AND DURATION: April 2012 – Onwards
VALUE OF CONTRACT: $2.4M
It is not uncommon for drivers to be working alone in remote & hazardous terrain, in particular Iraq. Unfortunately, all drivers are at risk of accidents and incidents involving company vehicles on the various concessions in Southern Iraq, invariably leading to injury, high maintenance on goings and sadly fatalities. As the IOC employs very stringent HSE policies which require the use of IVMS in all vehicles entering the concession.
Fortunately, SecureLocate™ has the relevant solution specially designed for driver/ vehicle safety and fatigue management.
SecureLocate™ was awarded the contract to supply, install, manage and support in the country over 400 IVMS devices across various types of vehicles within the concession. As expected, the environment is both remote and at times hostile due to the nature of the ongoing issues that come with working in Iraq.
The SecureLocate™ solution was specifically designed for driver safety and fatigue management within the O&G Iraq field. Compliance with many of the major IOCs involved in Iraq was crucial to Olive’s approach to the delivery of IVMS services. Benefits of the Olive IVMS Solution include:
- Real-time vehicle tracking and hazardous area alerts
- Monitor driver behaviors, manage excessive speeding in geo-fences, harsh braking and much more
- Enhance driver safety and awareness
- Faster response times to emergency situations
- Fleet management and maintenance performance
- Concession map overlays
- Know where your staff are in the case of an emergency