Client: ExpoLink Consortium
Place of performance: Dubai, UAE
Date and duration: 2017 – 2020
Value of contract: Confidential
The Route 2020 Dubai Metro Extension consists of a 15km-long rail line branching off the existing Dubai Metro Red Line, of which 11.8km is above ground and 3.2km underground, including an interchange on the Red Line at Nakheel Harbour and Tower Station. The extension of the metro will have seven stations including the Nakheel Harbour interchange and the flagship metro station at the Expo 2020 exhibition site. It is a project of great technical complexity, including 3.2km of tunnel drilled by a tunnel boring machine, a 1.2km open section and nearly 11.8km of elevated track.
Restrata was commissioned by the Expolink Consortium to provide consultancy services during the design, planning and construction phases of the metro extension project. As a sub-consultant to the consortium, Restrata has maintained an on-site presence to ensure we are able to provide the right advice, right on time. Working closely with the Expolink Consortium has allowed multiple disciplines within the team to seek security input on a variety of topics ranging from landscape design, to vehicle circulation, and blast mitigation.
Restrata has worked alongside the security sub-contractor to ensure the delivered solution meets the needs of the client and the requirements of the specification. Through every stage of this project, security best-practice, and risk minimisation has been integrated into every element of design and delivery of this world class project.
- Design Review
- Security Threat & Risk Assessments of stations and track
- Basis of Design and Minimum Performance Requirements
- Security Design Strategy
- Void Assessment and Mitigation
- Implementation of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) and Security in Design of Stations (SIDOS) measures
- Concept Design Development
- Sub-System Design Development
- Detailed Design Development
- Pre-Installation Review and Guidance
- Construction and Installation Supervision
- Testing and Commissioning