Control Room Supervisor
Head of GOCC Response
Aberdeen – UK
Specific Purpose of Role:
Providing operational and administrative support to ensure efficient delivery of services
Specific Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
As the Restrata Control Room Supervisor, you will be an integral part of Restrata’s expanding operations and a key member in the Control Room. You will have overall responsibility for supervising the day-to-day running of the Emergency Control Room which operates 24/7/365.
Working for the Head of GOCC Response, you will supervise a team of Control Room Operators (CROs) who provide a 24/7/365 service as the initial point of contact for companies in response to an emergency. You will be part of the Restrata ‘on-call’ rota and provide support to the CROs and in an emergency and be part of an Incident Management Team response.
Routinely you will be expected to ensure Control Room operations reflect current industry good practice and regulations; maintain and develop Standard Operating Procedures; You will provide support in the Control Room and be responsible for ensuring all Control Room staff remain current and competent to fulfil the role.
You will be expected to have previous emergency response experience and will be given additional training in Restrata response procedures and Control Room information and communications systems. You will be expected to be capable of acting on your own initiative and comfortable using information and communications technology in a rapidly changing, high pressure but supportive, environment.
In support of Restrata’s training you will be required to undertake a variety of roles, bringing you into contact with a wide variety of clients and contributing to the development and delivery of training.
The variety of the work and challenges it brings, means the successful candidate will require to bring with them; a sense of humour, a can-do attitude and a willingness to pitch in and provide support on a whole range of activities.
- Manage the CRO’s rota
- Supervise the CRO’s daily routine
- Maintain the availability, training and skills maintenance of the GOCC response team and relative response team pools.
- Monitor and maintain the Control Room SOPs
- Monitor and maintain the GOCC equipment highlighting any issues to the Head of the GOCC & UK Ops
- Design, develop and deliver various aspects of Control Room training as required
- Maintain relations with responder organisations in order to ensure GOCC response information is kept up-to-date
- Proactively monitoring critical infrastructure and hardware, reacting appropriately to any alerts received.
- Supervise the Level 1 support delivery through the control room.
- Open and update a Helpdesk ticket, noting all key information and maintain a record of all actions taken to resolve the issue
- Compile and send reports as per client requirements
- Liaise with staff in our International offices to assist with incident/request resolution
- Monitor and test communications and IT equipment
- Maintain a library of training and operational reference material using Document Control Process
- Initial Level 2 support Mon-Fri 9-5
- L2 Support on call
- Proven Supervisor experience;
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Good initiative and ability to work independently or part of a team;
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and complete tasks at pace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver succinct reports and speak in a clear and polite telephone manner
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable to support wider objectives
- Good knowledge of the Energy Industry
- Willing to pitch in and go the extra mile to assist our clients
- Experience in a 1st Line IT Support Role in desirable
- Experience in using Network monitoring tools is desirable
- Knowledge of training, crisis management and emergency response is desirable